Sunday, October 18, 2009

Kovalev Helps Senators Defeat Former Team


Three Stars:
1. Pascal Leclaire
2. Daniel Alfredsson
3. Alex Kovalev


Final Score:
Ottawa Senators: 3
Montreal Canadiens: 1

Goalie Stats
Pascal Leclaire (W): SV: 27 SV%: .964 GA: 1
Carey Price (L): SV: 18 SV%: .857 GA: 3

Recap Notes: The Montreal crowd cheered for the crowd favorite and rained downed boos at the end…

The Montreal Canadiens crowd cheered Alex Kovalev when he scored for the Senators and booed the home team for their inability to stop him or the Senators.

"It means a lot," said Kovalev, the MVP of the 2009 All-Star Game at the Bell Centre. "It's appreciation for what I've done for the city. I really appreciate all the support the fans gave me and I'm glad I had the chance to show my appreciation for what they did in the summer."

Pascal Leclaire played another great game, out dueling Carey (is a girl’s name) Price to bring the Senators to 5-2-0 on the season.

After opening the season 2-0, the Canadiens have lost 5 straight. The fans definitely have not appreciated the slump their hometown is in.

"The fans expect us to win games so in that sense their reaction is not unexpected," Cammalleri said. "If I was a fan I wouldn't be happy either."

The Canadiens have a couple days off to think about what they’ve done! Or not done.

No comments:

Post a Comment