Friday, October 16, 2009

Vanek Not Out For "Weeks!?!!!"


In potential great news for my fantasy team, Thomas Vanek's injury may not be that bad after all.

Vanek was out practicing with his Buffalo Sabres teammates yesterday. Although limited, his participation was encouraging:

“I was pleasantly surprised he felt the way he did yesterday, I was even more surprised he was out trying to practice today. That’s all good things,” Ruff said. “But at the same time, after working out, it’s not quite where we need him.

There is a chance Vanek will play this weekend:

“Hopefully I’ll wake up tomorrow and feel great, but like I said I’m taking it day-by-day and if it’s not, hopefully Saturday,” he said. “The pain is something I can always deal with, it’s about being smart and not getting any worse.”

No comments:

Post a Comment